Individual Members are granted access to all of MMLA's membership benefits.
- MMLA provides a conduit to improve your legislative and regulatory environments.
- MMLA represents the mortgage industry before the Michigan Legislature on issues that affect the industry.
- MMLA works with the lobbying firm, Karoub Associates, to be sure our needs and concerns are being heard by Michigan Legislators.
- MMLA provides a medium for input to DIFS and the Corporations, Securities and Land Development Bureau on regulatory policies which impact the industry
- MMLA liaisons with the Mortgage Bankers Association which works with Congress and Federal regulatory authorities to protect the vital interests of the mortgage industry.
- Provides guidance for the state's Mortgage Industry Advisory Board (MIAB)
MMLA keeps members abreast of changing regulations and technology which impact the industry through:
- Seminars and webinars to include such topics as Sales, Compliance, and other relevant subjects.
- Annual Lending Conference brining in National recognized speakers, mixing education and networking in a multi-day event
- Regional meetings featuring guest speakers on issues and developments of broad interest to the industry at the local chapter events.
- Access to NMLS training through our partner, MSource Training & Consulting, Inc.
- Educational Resource Center with latest information on changes of note to the industry regulations and procedures to keep you compliant
Members are kept informed through:
- The bi-monthly newsletter - The Mortgage Lender
- Full access to the MMLA web site
- Connecting with members through the on-line Membership Roster
- Regular emails including a weekly Mortgage Pipeline recap of the week's top news
- Follow group social media posts on Facebook, Linked-In, Twitter and YouTube
- Opportunities for members to communicate with other members and participate in any of the MMLA committees
- Monthly Working Group calls to discuss compliance and risk issues
- Member Alert emails to notify members of urgent matters
NETWORKING AND BUSINESS
MMLA provides members with many opportunities for meaningful business and social interactions through the various events around the state:
- Annual Conference, held at one of Michigan's premier resort areas
- Annual President's Installation Banquet
- Educational Seminars
- Annual Golf Outings
- Holiday Parties
- Local Chapter Meetings - luncheons, breakfasts or after work social events.
MMLA has partnered with the Michigan Bankers Association to provide a Worker's Compensation Plan to members!