Since 1929, the MMLA has served as an advocate for its members by providing the resources, legislative voice and education to effectively support the real estate finance community in Michigan. MMLA is the ONLY Michigan based association dedicated solely to the mortgage finance industry.
More than 1000 individuals from mortgage banking firms, independent mortgage brokers, commercial banks, credit unions, and others providing products and services to the mortgage industrry are experiencing the advantages of membership in the Michigan Mortgage Lenders Association (MMLA).
To create value for all members by providing effective legislative and regulatory advocacy, practical resources, and quality education while fostering an active network and knowledge exchange.
GOALS OF THE ASSOCIATION
- To be the preeminent association representing the real estate finance industry in the State of Michigan.
- To be the voice that represents the interests of the real estate finance industry and the consumers we serve to regulators and the Michigan legislature.
- To have a membership that creates an environment for an efficient and profitable real estate finance industry which provides the lowest possible cost of credit for home buyers and other real estate borrowers.
- To have a membership that is dedicated to the perpetuation of the highest standards of professional service and which promotes sound and ethical business practices.
- To provide educational programs and a membership newsletter to keep members informed of pending legislation and changes in regulatory policy, the newest trends and developments in technology, and general industry business practices.
- To support consumer education through community outreach programs and the media.
- To provide opportunities for the membership to engage in meaningful business discussion and social interactions